At Donnington Wood we teach you to use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
Online Safety is an essential part of our school and is linked to our behavior Policy- we deal with all breaches seriously. If you are unsure of anything please speak to any member of staff. If you are concerned that the issue is more serious- contact CEOP- the police.
Links are below. http://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Primary/ http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/games/beaker-you-choose http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/topics/stay-safe
Internet Watch Foundation: https://www.iwf.org.uk/
E Safety Links for Parents
We would like to share this new website which provides parental information in regards to E Safety. If you have any concerns the website provides current information and a range of agencies to contact.
· Think about how you guide your family in the real world and how you can do the same in the digital world.
· Try out the technologies your child enjoys – download some of their music and have a go at games they like.
· Talk to friends and family about how they manage their children’s digital lives.
· Remind older siblings that websites they use may not be suitable for younger brothers and sisters.
· Make digital issues part of everyday conversation – talking about subjects like cyberbullying, sexting and copyright infringement.
· When you’re talking about bullying, sex and relationships and other issues, don’t forget to include the online aspects.
· Talk to your children about whether the issues they face are different online and offline – or how online and offline work together to complicate their lives.
· Don’t be afraid to set boundaries and rules.
· Talk to your child about their online reputation.
Nude Selfies: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/Teachers/Nude-Selfies/
Instagram Safety http://www.connectsafely.org/wp-content/uploads/instagram_guide.pdf
Wide range for support for parents and pupils:
For Schools: We use
Parents: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/ E Safety Presentation October 2012 Lesson 1 Parent Letters 2015 Parents letter 3 and 4 Parents letter 5 and 6 Please visit the websites above to find the videos. Newsround caught in the web http://www.childnet.com/resources/the-adventures-of-kara-winston-and-the-smart-crew http://contrapositive.bc.cdn.bitgravity.com/SMARTCREW/SMARTCREW_Full_Film.mp4