We have learnt that computing is not just surfing the internet and playing games, what we are learning is how to use a computer for sequencing, control and simulation. We have already been introduced and should understand the following terms:
- Inputs / Variables
- Instructions or Rules (algorithms)
We have already used WeDo to create models and control them with computer sequences to simulate real life things.
Let’s now use our learnt skills to create a model monkey which drums and see if we can use a sensor to count how many beats.
We will use decomposition to analyse how sequences work and use our knowledge to construct new sequences to control the monkey.
- Build the WeDo drumming monkey.
- Create the sequence code that will make the monkey drum.
- Use existing skills to add a background, message and sound.
- Use the optical sensor and a second sequence to count the beats.
- Debug any problems
Refer as required to previous tutorials for help and examples if required.
Year 4 Project S1 Steps to Success
God’s Wonderful World- How can we represent this using our computing Skills? Today I will model how to solve a problem, ready for next week when I challenge you to solve a different problem!
Year 4 Project S2 Steps to Success