Abstraction (Using object orientated programming language)
Design / Logical Reasoning / Procedures (Abilities) / Debugging
Creating your own unique application
We have now used Hopscotch to create a game as a whole group teach which involved getting a character across a road safely to a home target.
Now it is your turn to create an application (game) of your own.
You will need to think about:
- The design, what are the rules / instructions (Algorithms)?
- What sprites (characters) are you going to use?
- What abilities are you going to use.
- How are you going to move your sprites (tap screen / tilt Ipad / X,Y random ?)
- Debugging if things do not work as expected.
Create a fun game using Hopscotch on the Ipad.
It should have rules and include as much of the following.
- Movement of a Sprite (using abilites (procedures))
- An Ability you have created yourself
- Bumps with another sprite or text (emoji)
- Conditional Text (what is displayed if a bump occurs)
- Loops (repeats)
- A change of the background colours
Refer as required to the previous tutorials for help and examples.